Friday, June 16, 2017

living skeleton actor fuck (7/24/15 version)


living skeleton actor fuck
by William D. Tucker

role puts flesh and guts and blood on me
it used to make me feel complete
now it makes me feel heavy, arbitrary, old,
like I was never quite here

it’s fuckin’ weird

Because
I have all the evidence in the world
that I was here
never really went away
never gave up
but, uh, I dunno.

the feeling inside
does not change

a lot of work,
a lot of awards,
a lot of love from all over the world
but it’s, uh, it’s definitely a king of shreds and patches kinda deal

yeah . . .

. . . multiple past personas inhabiting my body at an advanced age . . .
OVERCROWDING OF PERSONAS
My head is thick with Personas-I won’t lie . . .

but for my next project
very stripped down
just the bones
black box theatre
no vocal chords, lips, tongue, lungs,
none of that.
maybe just have the air conditioning cranked up to the max
with, like, the script in front of the vent
breeze will lift the text off the page
let the words whisper right through me . . .

heh,
won’t that be something?
-May-July 2015

Copyright 2015 by William D. Tucker. All rights reserved. Used with permission.