Sunday, December 31, 2017

Fragment of a 2017 Dream

I actually have-
-this is a valuable collector’s item-
I own
In a climate controlled vault
The very first edition
Of the issue of Nintendo Power where they had the Communist Manifesto as a pull-out special strategy guide-you know where you have to pry open the staples in the center of the page to get the booklet out of the center of the magazine?

Yeah.
Low print run on that one.
I was told Martin Shkreli bought up all the other original copies, presumably to destroy them,
but then I heard
that he saw himself in the Marxian writings
saw himself as a harbinger of capitalism's implosion,
something like that?

I mean
like
who the fuck knew anyone took Marx seriously anymore?
-October 2017

Copyright 2017 by William D. Tucker. All rights reserved. Used with permission