Thursday, December 24, 2020

EVERY DAY IS HALLOWEEN 15: NO SPOILERS.

 

Text of a note I apparently wrote to myself?

Yeah.

Here, take a look . . . 


I prefer to go into a movie with no preconceptions, no idea of what I'm about to see.

I don't watch the trailers.

I don't watch interviews with cast and crew.

I try to forget everything I know about the director's filmography, the past roles of the cast.


So I drink as much industrial grade alcohol as I can;

insert deep brain electrodes to smooth out all the wrinkles of my brain via electrolysis;

construct a new womb and birth canal from cell culture meats reactor grown materials;

pack my guts full with a custom, all-organic emerald green neo-meconium;

and have the womb and birth canal carted into the theatre by my crack staff of loyalist privatized medical professionals,


where I will be reborn

just in time to catch the coming attractions,

my pure mind barely comprehending the assault of sight and sound,

crying out to Mother Cinema,

whose name I have no way of knowing at this stage,

yet I never fail to learn by the time the credits roll.


It's the only way to experience the magic of the movies!


. . . so, I guess I’m pretty intense about spoilers, eh?
Well.

That is what the note says. 

Seems a bit extreme, but I guess that’s how I’m supposed to be. 

Good thing I wrote it all down.

-December 2020