Wednesday, November 25, 2020

About that blu-ray player I purchased in 2003 . . .

 . . .of course, it began in the box as a cheapshit, off-brand DVD player, but I always believed it could be whatever it wanted to be.

It just needed discipline. 

So, right outta the box, I kicked its ass. I didn't coddle that DVD player. I threw it against the wall. I dunked it in a bucket of water. I taught it strength. 

And when it was 'broken,' when its 'warranty and terms of service' had been 'violated,' and I'd put a disc in and all it did was click and throw up that error screen-

Do you know what I did?  

I kicked its ass some more.

I made that player understand the total, absolute truth : 

That you gotta be tough in this life of war eternal. 

And sure enough, that DVD player came back online with extra functionality even.

Backwards compatibility with VHS, Betamax, Laserdisc-it even manifested cartridge slots for Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Game Boy, and SEGA Genesis. 

By early 2004, I had full blu-ray capability-there weren't even any blu-rays yet-you want to talk about early adopters. Shit. My DVD player was positively prophetic. 

I kicked its ass some more-soon, I could play PS2, 3, 4, 5, and Xbox. 

Now, I got 69K divine lossless output-that's real-time self-correction entertainment prolepsis-basically, it's kicking MY ass, now, okay. It knows me better than I know myself. It tells me what movies to watch via direct microwave induction of my brain jelly. Sometimes it just creates new movies using psionic phantasia protocols. Other times, it opens my tray and puts a blu-ray in me.

And my output is pristine, but with some signal loss.

I just gotta get my ass kicked some more, you know.

Get my ass kicked enough.

The path of strength-where else you wanna be walking?