Tuesday, July 13, 2021

I look upon this or that forbidden being . . .

 . . . I think I'm being sneaky

then a security asset looms pale before me

my head implodes

I have to start over

the wages of slickness, I suppose 

the world demands a certain narrow path of traversal, a certain set of tasks, all in a certain order

to circumvent, 

to sequence break,

all that gets you

is a certain and familiar doom

but you can get used to the imploded head routine 

it gets into this thing where it's a live joke you can also record and share

like ejecting from your cockpit over and over again in Wing Commander 'til they bust your ass outta the Space Force

failure's the only option

if you would find the walls of this or that world

'cause the walls'll find you in any event

hardwired fuck-up destiny and all that entails 

ah, to be so sure and so doomed 

docile and omnipotent, or omni-impotent as a noted restroom stall philosopher long wrote down

it's a crisis in the news I hear . . .

looms pale before me . . .