Tuesday, February 1, 2022

POETIC VIDEO GAME REVIEWS #-1: THE QA TEST RONIN



. . . sword too sharp

slices the fabric of reality

way beyond parameters 

even if this fuck-up in and of itself 

suggests a far more interesting game


that level of insight

is not what we provide you a life for

we already catch

like

a billion genius accidents a second

it's nothing we didn't already anticipate 

we filter this shit

rigorously 


the ronin

never had such an interaction 

too rogue-cop-motherfucking-the-chief 

to be a real life thing

but the ronin iterates on this fantasy nonstop


fuck you

your games are garbage

your executives are all rapists and capitalist exploiters 

i'm burning this motherfucker to the ground

i don't need money or property

my stats are maxed

i live in a zone of inertia where dumbass action movie fantasy does not work

i-


parameters 

of work from home

could fall down any day

rough timeline gives comfort

but it's gone lights out before


harrowing six months:

am I safe in my home?

will I be evicted?

could I just wander like Yojimbo?

Mifune just throws a stick in the air

stick lands

Mifune walks in the direction that stick points

what will I do instead of depression meds once scrip becomes unaffordable?

do I chew stoically on a toothpick?

does placebo effect touch the depression?

would wandering outdoors be good for my overall health outlook?


that was a harrowing six months


loose talk of unions

"pandemic changes everything"

the ronin tries to stay out of it


here's the internal static:

i have just enough

when you ask for more in this world

that's the signal

for the power to give you less,

maybe just take what you already have,

maybe just make you have zero,

and I got that harrowing six months inside me,

i sometimes call that

"my graduate and doctoral school"

i am finally certified disposable 

call me 

Dr.Non-For-Nothing-Here-Just-A-Minute-Ago-Nope-Never-Was 

suits me

i . . . earned it?

sure


the way of the ronin 

unlike the way of the samurai 

lies not in death

but in the never was


-November 2014-January 2022