Friday, June 3, 2022

Well . . .

 . . . I've never been more relieved to not have children in my life than right now.

In my country-the USofA-guns and money are more important than human life.

Bunch of elementary school children slaughtered in a mass shooting? Doesn't count for fucking shit. 

Republicans will have their guns and their blood money and dead children don't mean anything. Not a thing.

Yeah. 

If anything's going to change, it'll probably take a general strike, a general walkout, 'cause the violence could strike anywhere.

You got mass shootings at schools, at churches, at mosques, at synagogues, at hospitals, at cemeteries, at stores, at supermarkets, at barbecues, at parties, everywhere-and we are all supposed to just accept this reign of terror. 

It's sad. It's fucking sick and twisted and depraved beyond all forgiveness. It's business-as-usual for gutless-mostly Republican-politicians who have all made their Devil's Bargain with the NRA. 

We need gun control, now.

We need a permanent ban on assault rifles, now.

We need to vote every last Republican out of office when the time comes. 

We need to face the truth that guns are made by people for people to kill other people. 

And, no, I don't think America has the guts to do the right thing. I really don't. Gun atrocities have been happening nonstop for years and years, and it has only gotten worse. 

We know what needs to be done, and instead we choose gun violence over the lives of children. 

That's why I'm glad I'm not a parent. If I were a father, I'd worry myself into an early grave. I don't see why any rational person would have a child in this ghoulish reality. 

And the saddest part?

These grotesque mass shootings aren't even statistically that significant when measured against the rates of gun suicides and gun homicides and awful gun injuries. 

The gun is a threat to us all.

When will we stop worshipping it as our True God?

Probably never.

Ah, well.