Tuesday, March 7, 2023

SELF-AGGRANDIZEMENTS #2: TOO OKAY.

 

I'm too okay. I set just the right example, no more, no less. If I keep on like this, well, I'll be putting the courts, the schools, and the self-help industries outta business, heh, heh, heh-hell, even homeschooling'll be discredited. My okayness goes that hard, that deep. I'll become the next-level one-stop-shopping: church, state, mother, father, blacksite torturer, standing armies, floating navies, nuclear stockpiles, soaring air forces, loving spouses, well-behaved children, dutiful employees, admiring bosses, charming serial killers, advocating unions, thundering daikaiju apocalypse beasts, Keanu Reeves-it all goes in the trash now that I'm on the scene. Later for role models. Who even is Michael Jordan? 'Tis a mystery of forgetting the forgettable, isn't it? Get outta here, guacamole. You like cheese? So you think fried foods are irresistible? Can't function in the morning without that pot of coffee? How 'bout cookies? And tacos? And a dog's head in your lap? Watching the Super Bowl? Having good time at sports bar? You think you like those things? Time to change your thinking. Here, I'll change it for you. There. All done. But a trifle. I didn't even have to be great. I just had to be okay enough. You're me, now. You weren't nearly so okay as me. This we all knew. Now, I am only one who has Super Bowl pizza party fired cheese dog's head coffee in the morning guacamole daikaiju apocalypse chicken breast five mile cocaine rail Telly Savalas Players Club International Hallmark Indiana Jones Theme Music self-employed eternal nutbust networking event with an unlimited dark money donor organization snug against my pancreas-I'm just okay enough, you see. That's all I ever had to be when compared to the likes of you!