Saturday, May 6, 2023

BURNING QUESTIONS IN A UNIVERSE OF MYSTERY #43:


Are people actually worried about AI taking over everything? Really? I don't see what the fuss is about. Are people just afraid of novel experiences? I ask because, from my perspective, I've been fucked over by my fellow humans all my life and I think it'll be an interesting change of pace to be fucked over by an Artificial Intelligence entity. I've watched robot disaster movies all my life. Now I get to play one out in real life. 


Could it be that the suck inherent within AI is just that all-too-human suck-war, racism, slavery, greed, genocide, torture, sadism, xenophobia, misogyny, homophobia, transphobia, police state violence, monarchism, fascism, tyranny, totalitarianism, book burnings, suppression of free thought, terrorism, militarism, capitalism-laterally transferring out of the meats and juices of evolved primates and into a new set of vessels?


If the source itself-humanity-is corrupt and stupid and destructive then how much  loveliness can we reasonably expect from the derivative product lines?


If we accept the suck within ourselves as normal and historically sanctioned then doesn't it follow that we should just stop all of this trendy hand-wringing and bogus moralizing and accept our fate?


Personally, I think it'll be a novel experience to be turbo-fucked by AI. It'll probably innovate new ways to fuck. 


We won't know unless we try.


Or is it, "We won't know unless we don't try?"


Now I'm confused.