Friday, September 22, 2023

BURNING QUESTIONS IN A UNIVERSE OF MYSTERY #62:

 

So, you know . . . these boxes? 


With the pasta in 'em?


They're not exactly Fort Knox, are they?


I ask, even though I already know the answer.


So . . . on one occasion I opened a box of rotini-like the colorful rotini, of course-and when I was grabbing handfuls of rotini to drop in the boiling water, I noticed a dead cockroach in among the other rotinis. 


Well . . . I hate food waste.


Boiling the pasta . . . that oughta sanitize the bug germs, if any there be, right?


And, like, bugs themselves are a known source of protein-I have that correct, right?


Sooooo . . . I grab the cockroach corpse, crush it up, pull it apart, sprinkle it into the boiling water-like a seasoning, isn't it?


I think so.


Like I said, I hate food waste.


Cockroaches aren't magically separate from the food chain, are they? 


I could be a bird or a cat for all that dead roach knows.


Plus, I got parmesan and olive oil at the ready. 


You might even forget about the dead bug by the time you're working that colander, couldn't you?


Sure.


It could be exactly like that, couldn't it?