Tuesday, October 31, 2023

THE NEW DREAM #20:


chased up to the roof

pursued by shitpapergod bursting free at long last of septic tank

but I fall back into house

depraved Santa Claus compulsions forcing me to dive down chimney

no doubt

it's vanguard tip-of-the-spear Xmas marketing brainhack bullshit

so I fall back into house

all mazed-up

shitpapergod hot on my ass

seeking home,

natch,

all those years I thought I was obeying nature's intestinal-digestive protocols

but actually

I was producing a future deity of vengeful resentment

on some kind of grody installment plan

crackers and Christ

I zig and zag and just plain burst clean through confusy walls

oh yeah

'til I'm scrambling up the exterior of the ever expanding house

I climb so good

I make excellent time

future squirrels study the fuck out of my techniques

dude, they fucking print textbooks off of my action

I lose myself in climb ecstasy

accidentally attain escape velocity

fall up forever

now

when you dream of falling

like

down

a myth asserts that if you don't wake up before you impact then you die in real life

so

if I'm dreaming of falling up forever

and I don't wake up

then does that mean I live forever in real life?

of course

this ends up as one of those anticlimaxes

I'm standing on plain solid ground of a sudden

just in time to see that nasty old septic tank trucked off to some other hole in the ground

a beefy faced gladhandy man congratulates me for finally choosing to get hooked up to municipal sewer services 

or something

while the shitpapergod howls in frustration

I assume

due to some abstruse metaphysical logic

of modern sewers

dispersing the shitpapergod energies

then I'm doing one of those Spike Lee floating dolly scenes

all through my suddenly spacious, uncluttered home

thrill of the chase

already fading

thinking about tradeoffs for this and that

silly immortality stuff

not even bubbling up into brain

redirection of mental resources

some new initiative

aborning-