Wednesday, September 25, 2024

THE NEW DREAM #32:


extravagant

fell

run

of luck


snap zoom into my mighty, armored face crackling with energy


that lightning bolt facial


it isn’t just that I can see through walls


now


it’s that the walls explode elaborately


at the pressure


of my sight


now


everyone is getting up to serious villain shit


trying to catch at least one of my eyes


trying to catch a spectacular doom, I guess


sure,

there’s the occasional smartass holding up a mirror


I just blow those up, too


gruesome practical gore effects


folks pierced many times over with long, shiny splinters


reflective shrapnel

fell

into

a reverie

about why it let itself become a killer

I’m the True Cause

already fading

a generation of mirror shrapnel

caught in a hell of ever amplifying self-recrimination

I’m howling

not to be forgotten

I write a book length confession

no one fuckin’ reads

I buy a library

fill it with many volumes of confessions

it’s burned up by the sunlight

weaponized

by a century-long Mirror War