Friday, August 11, 2023

BURNING QUESTIONS IN A UNIVERSE OF MYSTERY #58:


If I put on a robe and scribble right wing sentiments on pieces of paper that no person of conscience would ever obey could I get in on some of that slimy Supreme Court bribe money, too?


Admittedly, I'm a bit of a late bloomer in the corruption department. I never went to law school because all the people on the law school path in college were just a little too overtly psychopathic for my tastes-


-but, hey. It's never too late to pursue a dream, is it? 


That's America. 


A land of second chances for scummy, greedy creepers who like getting their tentacles into women's bodies. 


Where do I sign up?


Can we do direct deposit for all the bribes? 


I don't think the electronic trail is anything to worry about. There's never been any oversight of the Supreme Court up 'til now. Doesn't seem likely to start any time soon. 


Just tell me the check's in the mail.


That'll work, too.


Just so long as I get paid for my skeezy fake job of imposing far right ideology on a population that neither voted for me nor agrees with my extremism-it'll be fine. 


Oh, let me dream a little bit. 


Yeah, I should've been a Supreme Court bribe accepting person. With the robes and the corruption and the kowtowing to corporations and Christian Nationalists-the whole bit. It would've been the easiest gig. Projecting phony righteousness justified by fake logic and underwritten by wealthy business criminals.


I coulda been gorgeous!


I coulda been a scummy contender!