Thursday, November 4, 2021

EVERY DAY IS HALLOWEEN #19: In the Grip of a Full-On Frankenstein Routine

 

. . . yep

it is done.

there it is

a proper allegorical body

via the schemes and schematics

-METHODS AND MATERIALS REDACTED-

dreamed up by a proper Frankennutter

in the depths of a full-on Frankenstein Routine 

gestures at self

it'll carry the weight of ten thousand theses

the outsized model whosits 

doomin' and loomin' 

of all our existential dilemmas of late

a magic eightball with 'tude'n'talkback 

plumb its virtual depths 

doom it to a billion misreadings by the learned, the ignorant, and the malicious 

come back with a stark vision of wandering in the ruins of a false prosperity 

maybe even provide the justification for a war or two

dunno

but I live in the vanity

of a bloodthirsty hope

which is the main thing

not to get dehydrated 

lust-exerting

after that glory hit

yeah

it's got all of my really awesome shit

none of the boring

you look at me now

post-masterpiece

I ain't much

keep clipping out of the regulation construct

sure, I had to get cheaty

make of myself

my own source

go ahead

bury me with judgment 

did you actually write all those term papers yourself?

you never ONCE hired a mercenary to do some inconvenient thinking for you?

hmm?

okay, then

I'm not NOT paying the price

am I?

I bear the full cost

of my own thinking,

goddamnit, 

no regrets

even if

you can barely see the what's-left-of-me 

just a residual of a survival of a remainder of a trace of a scrap of a stain of a crumb of a drop of a-

you get the idea.

what's left of me, anyways. 

-October-November 2021