Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Now, people, you've got to listen to me . . .

 . . . I had a vivid dream of driving, okay, and I noticed there were all these crashed vehicles and dead bodies scattered all about. At practically every intersection and crossroads and traffic light-nothing but automotive and human wreckage!

I had to maneuver my vehicle carefully. 

And where were the ambulances?

But I noticed a strange shimmering quality to the wrecks and the corpses . . . my God! They were all holograms!

I immediately intuited that what I was seeing were layered afterimages of all the vehicular crashes and human casualties that ever happened in the land!

Soon enough, in deep distress, I made my winding way to a well-stocked library, and diligently worked my way through volumes describing the world of the Dead and the transit to and from the Afterlife.

I discovered that such automotive carnage sent souls directly to the world of La Florida, where dead souls would be reincarnated as Florida Men and Florida Women. And those reborn into La Florida would spend eternity tailgating each other, driving too fast, failing to properly calculate how many car lengths it takes to come to a full and complete stop, and committing acts of violence fueled by their dumbfuck road rage. 

La Florida is a kind of hell where the roads are simultaneously forever being repaired, yet never properly drivable. 

Yet, La Florida is indeed a place for the souls of dead people that drove like assholes in life.

And everybody's gotta be somewhere, y'know?

So, it all works out!

In a dream, at any rate . . .