Friday, August 26, 2022

ALL PURPOSE EMERGENCY RESPONSE TO CONVERSATIONAL NOSTALGIA KIT:

 REACH IN AND GRAB A HANDFUL OF WHAT YOU NEED . . .


"Ah, yes. Things from the past. They happened in the past."


"Oh, Predator, right. People remember that. Sure. And now they've made another one. Indeed, it's too true."


"Yes, yes, things from my younger days . . . truly, they happened. In fact, they probably also happened to others of my demographic cohort. A reunion may be in order. Without question."


"VHS tapes. Kinda like vinyl records, no? They both encoded audio content, didn't they? Sure they did. And what of VHS aesthetics, hm? Hear tell it's a vibe! Ha, ha, ha. Yes."


"Remember when movies used to be shot on film? Surely, this is an established historical fact. But now historical circumstances have changed. Most films are shot digitally. I myself resist digital aesthetics, especially computer graphics. I can always tell when actors are merely responding to green boxes and ping-pong balls and such. But how about that Chris Nolan? He still shoots on film. No, really. They give him lots of money to cover the extreme expense of film stock even. 'Tis true. Many are impressed, including myself. It's a truth of this world: money allows people to purchase that which costs money. This is my position on the matter at hand in any case."


"In my day, kids ran free. Mom and Dad had their own lives, their own shit. Made my generation tough, resourceful, and adventurous. But now . . . I weep like Christ on the cross. This new generation? Shit. It's just, like . . . I don't even know. (LONG, INTENSE PAUSE.) Man, everybody's got helicopter parents and shit!"


"Cigarettes. Remember when cigarettes were mistakenly believed to work as birth control? I owe my life to cigarettes, y'know . . ."