Saturday, February 4, 2023

YOU (DON'T) KNOW #1:


. . . I think Blu-Ray is it for me. Not buying 4K. No way. They're still manufacturing DVDs, for Christ's sakes. I'm good. I still like DVDs.  I'll make my stand with Blu-Ray. 


Uh-oh.


Here comes 4K. Ultra-Def, even. Begging for that attention. 


But I stand strong. Everyone cheers me on in my strength.


4K is shameless. I can't even describe the depths of its indignity as it performs this . . . shall we say . . . show of the abject.


Just for me. How special. 


I stand strong. All the same. Bask in the glory. This, too, is a trifle. I've already forgotten it, in fact, in fancy, in perpetuity.


And so I take my bows. I send my laurels off to my Laurel Storage Facility-it's just for me, whole facility, we broke ground-what?-four years ago? 'Bout time we came online. Operationally, I mean. Big investment. Hate seein' it sit idle, y'know-


And, y'know, I like to linger in the afterglow. Backstage. Sure it's an indulgence. I've never been that strong-


I'm lingering in the afterglow. And who should enter my dressing area? It's 4K, of course. Ever more shameless. Ever more debased. Oh, the discounts. Oh, the warranty plans. Oh, the financing. Oh, baby. 


I stand strong, of course, of course, my kingdom for a horse . . . but not in 4K Ultra Def. 


I do it in standard. Just as a topper.


Ha!


Oh, 4K. Oh, no. Not in this world. 


And there it is. 4K in the slunky depths of defeat. Down it goes. 


But a spark still burns. I toss a rescue donut, as it were.


I say, "Hey now. You played the game. You lost the game. But here's me leaving the door open a crack. You get back to me, babe, once you're 69K."


Boom!


Ha!


It was pretty good.