Thursday, August 27, 2026

THE NEW DREAM #63:

some vague dream of doom

WWIII, climate inferno, plagues, rogue AI

everything’s in the bad zone

it’s not good


at some point

there’s a real Book of Revelations thing going on

a miasma of dragon heads and tentacles and sternly written books of law and continent-sized tornados and counterintuitively fun-sized hurricanes and city-scaled prisons and everything’s sharp’n’rusty’n’glazed in a shimmering heat haze

none of this is easy

it’s a tough scene


suddenly: blazing light

I’m seated in a seminar-of-seminars

I’m well dressed, hungry

everyone else’s like me

Omelette Jesus sweeps onto the stage

suddenly: we’re all seated at a big dinner table eating breakfast-a bit of a mismatch, but we’ll let that go

I keep it to myself


now the double feature

vision blurring in and out

I’ve got two pairs of hands

I’m at the table and in the game room simultaneous

I’m eating a grandiose omelette that never gets eaten even though I keep on eating it

I’m working a SNES control pad, can’t even see the screen, don’t need it, ‘s a game of the mind

I horde it all to myself

I’m gorged on myster-


some vague dream of pursuit

there’s an army of detectives on my ass

I fake them out by running towards ‘em and they take flight

but then they’re on my ass again

it goes back’n’forth like that

I’m chasing

I’m chased