Friday, September 25, 2026

YOU (DON'T) KNOW #8:

Backstage, well, there’s this whole army of armies keeping the show running. Sure, I’m the star, but any day now they could plug in an updated unit. The army of armies know this, but they’re so nice to me. Plus, and I probably shouldn’t say this, but previous star units-the ones before me, and usually late in the run-tended to threaten to bring the whole showfront down, and expose the works, the army of armies in all their whirling, chugging, strangely hypnotic glory. It’s just way more fascinating back there than I could ever be, if you want to know the truth. And so various star units would-in a fit of self-loathing-endeavor to tear the curtain down. On cue, I’m telling you, that’s the moment you want to install a new star unit. I’ll likely devolve into such a state at some point. Frankly, they ought to implement a recycling program. Wouldn’t that make so much sense? Like we star units, once we blow our stack . . . just re-purpose us for duty backstage.