Monday, July 31, 2023

BURNING QUESTIONS IN A UNIVERSE OF MYSTERY #0:


Q: Is it hot enough for you?


A: No. Not yet. 


I've always liked the heat, actually. 


It's definitely hot, though. 


But you know what? I think I can give you a rough timeline of when it will finally be hot enough for me. 


Basically . . . like . . . ask me the same question . . . a year from today. I'm pretty much, you know, 99% sure that this same day but in 2024 . . . that day . . . will be hot enough . . . for me.


But there's another question. One you didn't ask. Similar to but different from the one you did ask. 


I'll go ahead and ask it, answer it.


Here goes.


Is it too hot for you?


No. It is not too hot for me, not just yet. 


But a year from now it will be hot enough


So, this calendar day but in 2024-hot enough. 


And then a year from the hot enough day-in 2025-that day will be the day it is finally too hot.


And then . . . a year after the too hot day . . . well . . . I'm not religious . . . but I would advise the faithful to start praying for rains of herbs and spices.


You know.


To season all this frying meat.


William goes Full Orson Welles with his "ain't-I-a-stinker" smile. 


Oh, they used to love me on the open mic.


Until the fuckin' mic melted.