Thursday, September 15, 2022

POETIC VIDEO GAME REVIEW #-8: STAFF ROLL.

 


Are these the real names?

Are they fake?

Maybe it was just one person or three people, and they made up a bunch of extra names to inflate the company?

Maybe

this is one of those staff rolls

that goes on

for sixty or seventy minutes

printed in tinyass font

to squeeze 'em all in

to fulfill contractual whatevers

but discourage journalists from tracking people down, ask 'em about the crunch and so forth-

-I know, I know

"tiny font conspiracism"

how embarrassing

but I know I'm not the first to entertain such notions

signs

of my own unease

more than anything

that my escapist good times

owe their existence

in whole or in part

to abusive labor conditions

why roll credits anymore

when it reminds me

of the all-too-human element

breakroom campouts across six months or more

asleep at the workstation

-I'm sorry, what was that word you used?

Hm?

home?

is that what you said?

let us have a clarification session

work is the new home

so you needn't bother with the h-word anymore

you're home

or else

-surely, the staff roll will be simply and utterly excised at some point, right?

individual persons

all absorbed

into logo

-heh, the ruthless logos of a logo-

dark side Voltron

full enforcement of capitalist existentialism

merge into corporation

only kind of personhood with any power left

I mean if you're not what you do for your living

then what are you, hm?

oh, oh, oh,

one of them-thar Third Rails-

BZZZZZZZZZZT!

-December 2020-August 2022